Numeric (00300) value is not displaying properly in CSV File (RDA)

KSK

KSK

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I have a report and trying to display the company 00300 in the CSV file but while printing in the CSV the 0 (zero) values are getting truncated and displaying as 300.

User wants to display the company as 00300 without any modifications in the CSV format.

I have tried to keep the String or Constant variable in the report (RDA) to overcome this problem but still the zero values are getting the truncated in the CSV file.

Please give us a solution for this problem. Thanks..

Hi Siva Kumar,

Your issue had been dicussed dozens and dozens time on JDEList.
Please, use the search engine.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Siva.. Recently I found there is a better way to do it.. It s something we were doing already, but I found we can enhance it better. The common solution we have is to have a new string column and make that column as = ' + value. (ex: '00300 ) so excel won't truncate the zeros. But the problem is we see on excel value as '00300 and not 00300

We can go a bit further and instead of doing that, we can do like this, take a string dd item which is having size 3 extra than your current string DD item. In our case company of size being 5, so take a column of size 8. Then add code in your RDA as

New String Value = concat("=",concat('"',concat( ltrim(rtrim([Value to be converted],' '),' '), '"')))

So in this case 00300 would be converted as ="00300". And excel would not convert it to number and also would display as 00300 on cell.

Try and see if this helps
smile.gif

Back