Number of blank lines on page top of reports via line printer

bartjanh

Hi,

In order to improve performance of our output management tool Optio we decided to print some of our critical reports through a line printer, instead of a laser printer device in order to get ASCII output (which produces faster output in Optio).

For some particular users, when printing these reports in ASCII, the user gets a set of blank lines in the report top (i.e. first printed line starts at line 8) whereas some other users don't (i.e. first printed line starts at line 1). This causes Optio to misread information on the document.

If we print these reports as standard PDF (by choosing the Laser Printer) we get exactly the same output for both users with regards to the .pdf file.

We already checked the JDE.INI settings for the [UBE] section using the UBETOPMARGIN, but that doesn't seem to solve our problem.

We run the report on our ES and send it to a Line Printer in OneWorld that connects to a ASCII printqueue on AIX. Also the job runs with this printer defined as output (i.e we do not use the "change printer" row exit in WSJ)

To be exact, the OW Line Printer settings are:
Characters per Inch: 20
Columns per page: 250
Line per inch: 6
Line per page: 66

Has anyone experienced this problem before? If so, what are the actions to be taken in order to solve it?

Best regards,

Bart-Jan
Vopak Information Services
Rotterdam, Holland

Setup:
OneWorld 7.332 (SP 14.2)
IBM AIX on RS/6000
Oracle 8i (SP 8.1.6.2)

Back