E9.2 Notification Filtering

tboat00

tboat00

Well Known Member
I have several notifications that are being called using B98ORCH without issue. However, when a user subscribes to the notification, they wish to only get certain notifications. In this case, only the notifications pertaining to their own buyer code. Buyer code is part of the notification output, but is there a way for a user to filter notifications that they receive so they do not receive notifications that are not relevant to that user?

I thought that running as subscriber and allowing overrides provided this option, but I am finding that not to be the case.

Any help in understanding the process for a subscribed user to filter notifications would be appreciated.

Hi tboat00, I have the same problem, I want a user to be able to subscribe to a notification for his orders or even for a particular order. The notification parameters are not working as expected.
Have you found a solution to your problem?
Regards.

Yes, I found a way to do this. It is a bit confusing to the subscriber, but it works nonetheless.

1) For each filter column, add a second column not part of the data that you will use to filter against.
2) For example, to filter PO notifications by buyer code, create a second column called BuyerFilter.
3) Then, in the rule, set the rule to only be true to be notified if the Buyer Code column is equal to the BuyerFilter column
4) When the user subscribes to the notification, have them input their buyer code into the buyerfilter field.
5) Make sure to add the rule first, then add it to the notification.

Then, they will only get notified if the buyer code in the orchestration output matches the code that the user supplied in the buyer filter field.

See rule setup image:
1664931980261.png

Back