"Not responding" error message on the title bar of applications

Dasgupta

\"Not responding\" error message on the title bar of applications

Hi All,

We recently started getting "Not responding" error message on title bar of several JDE applications. We thought that it might be due to the user override (user's grid format) and so deleted them for all the users who were getting this error. This did not solve the problem and users are still getting the "Not responding" error message on the title bar.

Please give any ideas to solve this weird problem.

Thanks
Gautam
JDE 8.0 (SP23_U1)/Windows 2000/SQL Server 2000

Re: \"Not responding\" error message on the title bar of applications

"Not responding" is not the problem - it is the consequence.
First thing first you may try looking into jde.log
Next thing I would do is turning the debugging on, and then reading the jdedebug.log
Both can be easily accomplished with Alex's tool OWDLC, if you can't find him on this List, google "everest software international".
If you still did not figure the problem out, take the application into E1 Debugger.
Last thing, keep us updated, please.

Re: \"Not responding\" error message on the title bar of applications

Adrian,

Thanks for sharing your knowlegde. I missed to say one important thing is that this happens occasionally and not every time. So that is what makes is little bit harder. We looked at Jde.log but could not find clue. Since the issue is intermitant, the jde.log needs to be looked at immediately after the probelm happens. Since it does not happen every time, event rules debugger won't help.

We will try your idea of turning the jdedebuglog ON and see if we find any clue.

Is it possible that the application is waiting for a table/record which is locked by another user?

I don't have a clear understanding how table locks work in JDE.

Could you give me your thoughts on how JDE handles table locks?

Once again thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Gautam

Back