Not able to manage "Enterprise Server" from JDE Server Manager

Madav Karna

Hi All,

We are running JDE Enterprise 9.0 TR (8.98.4.3), recently after a data center migration we are unable to manage our Enterprise Server from Server manager.
When I click on the Enterprise Server, I see the below message.
"The home agent in the management home that owns the selected instance is not running. Management functionality provided by the home agent will not be available."

Any help on the above will be appreciated.

Thanks,
SG Madav Karna

I have seen this before, and usually what has happened is that the same server will appear in Server Manager a second time as either all uppercase or all lowercase. I ended up having to go into a server manager console file and remove the extra entry and then was able to manage the server again.

@DSauve : Yes exactly, I too see the server appearing two times in server manager. Did you mean to remove the inactive entry from the server manager or navigate to the console manager file in the deployment server and remove the duplicate entry.

Thanks,
SG Madav Karna

Stop the Server Manager console service (likely on your Deployment Server).
Take a backup copy of the file: ...\jde_home\SCFMC\targets\home\management-console.xml

Open up this file and remove the duplicate entry (mine was always the one near the end of the file). Save the file and then restart the Server Manager console. I don't remember for sure, but I may have had to restart the SM agent on the enterprise server, too.

Hello all, I know this is an old post, but I hope someone will read it....
I accidentally selected three instances in the home manages instances and clicked 'Remove'. Now I cannot see anymore the servers in the page.
Would please somebody help me on this how to add them again in the page ?

Thanks a lot!

Did you remove the agent or remove the managed instance?
Agent - restart the agent and they will come up.
Instance - Depends on what instance you removed. See if the targets exist in the file system. Then you most likely can work around changing the targets.xml file. Else, go for a restore from backup.

Back