"Not able to locate Security Server"

CNC Guy

Well Known Member
\"Not able to locate Security Server\"

Hi,

I've installed a Fat client and am not able to login into OW. Recieving " Not able to Locate Security Server" error. I have my Enterprise Server on As400

I was curious to know whether Security Kernel on the AS400 needs to be set to Autostart or not ?

Secondly, in the [SECURITY] section in the Client and the Enterprise Server ini's should the DataSource= field be pointing to the same datasource i.e. System - B7334 - DNT or is it that the Client points to the normal System- B7334 and the server ini has System - B7334 - DNT.

Is there any way to check how to resolve this issue i.e. not being able to login? should I turn off security server and try?

All suggestions would be really appreciated in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Shanks
XE SP20

Re: \"Not able to locate Security Server\"

What have you tried so far?

Is this your first FAT client install? If not, are any of the other machines experiencing the same thing? If not, chances are that the problem has something to do with the FAT clients communication to the AS400 (Client Access software issue or ODBC config?).

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips. Yes this is my FAT client install and other users are working OK. I checked my workstation jdeninst.log and found out a no of errors related to packages i.e. PackageName missing from Attributes and all.
But at the end it shows the Installation in successfull.

So just as a thought could it be becuase of some package infs. If yes what are the infs I would need to check and where?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shanks :)
XE SP20

Make sure you have IBM Client Access installed. If you do not, install it, then reinstall the OneWorld client.

The few times I've encountered something like this, I've found it more expedient to do a JDE uninstall, delete the JDE directory (c:\b7 for me), clean all references from the registry (search for c:\b7 and delete them), reboot, then perform a fresh install. HTH

Back