A7.3 Non-stock work orders

jhulett

We are wanting to set up work orders for making boxes for immediate use. My current thinking is I'll have a part number with a BOM and routing containing the 2 components to make the final shipping box. We do not want to have the inventory of the new boxes.

So, we are taking 2 stock supplies and putting them together as a non-stock item that is immediately consumed. No inventory of the completed box. We are wanting to capture the inventory used to make the boxes, but not the boxes themselves. I know as is, if they do a completion on the new part, it will consume the supplies and create the new box inventory. We are trying to avoid doing floor issues on the supplies because the issues don't get done on a timely basis, so box inventory is inaccurate most of the time.

Any suggestions?

World 7.3

Create a phantom item for the box. The phantom item should contain the components to make the box. Attach the phantom item to the item that you are building work order. When a work order is created for the end item, the phantom components will be attached to the end item's parts list. The phantom item can be used for multiple end items.

Back