No PDF generation

robjd

Hi

I am trying to sort out a problem with printing on the enterprise server.

We have made a ghost of the JDE box, deploysvr, etc. It is running as a DRP solution in an alternative office. The environment runs beautifully, clients can log in, access the data, run programs etc without any problems ... that is until we want to print something from the jobqueue! (everything prints locally ok)

For example - take a simple, unmodified JDE address book print (R014021_XJDE0001) ... do the data select, choose the printer and submit. It ALWAYS goes to error on the jobqueue. No PDF is created in the /printqueue directory.
Every job you try does the same.

The odd thing is - we cannot think what is different in this DRP setup? Take the JDE server back into the live environment - it works perfectly!!

Anyone able to help, whilst I've still got hair! .... please !?!?!
confused.gif

Rob

Balding Rob,

Take a look at the data sources, something might be goofy in there. Also take a look at the server maps and logical server maps. Setting up new batch servers has always been more of an art than a science. Hopefully that will point you in the right direction.

- Gregg

Gregg

Thanks for your advice, checked out everything I can find. Heres the thing - what does the JDE enterprise server require to produce output? How does the actually PDF get generated please?

I have found the printer output conversion screen .. this has entries such as ....
-s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER -l cpkrnl -f CpPDFT0PDF
-s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER -l jdekrnl -f convertPDFToPS

How do these work ..?

thanks
Rob

Back