• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

No Order messages being generated after freezing POs

MRP has been a burden for my company as it generates all of the exception messages, assumes that you will follow those suggestions, and then generates a B or O message if needed. The problem is that we do not change existing Purchase Orders. If needed we will create a new order and send it to our suppliers, but we never Increase/Decrease/Defer/Etc.

I found that one solution is to freeze the order which, to my understanding, tells JDE to not consider it when running MRP message generation. This cut down on a TON of unneeded messages and our ordering looks a lot cleaner.

Here is the issue: We have an Item that is over committed. There was one PO open and there was also a OT (transfer) order open. I froze the PO and then ran MRP on that item. I checked messages and there was an E message as I didn't realize that I also needed to freeze the OT order. I then froze the OT order and ran MRP again. I was fully expecting that it would give me a B message to order and expedite since the item was still over-committed and due to the freezes on open orders it could not ask for them to deliver any sooner.

I did not get any order messages. No B's or O's. There are two F messages but those wouldn't do me any good.

What I am not understanding is why I am not seeing a suggestion to Order and Expedite or at least Order.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can provide more info if needed. Just seems like I am missing something simple.