No INF message (Helppp!)

JDE4PSI

Dear List,

I am trying to create a custom path code and environment by using JDE document OTI-01-0056. I am trying to create replica of PD environment. After completing step number 5, I found out that I am not getting list of my PD packages in install screen. I am getting PY and DV but no full packages for PD. Update PD packages are showing up normally.

All I did was to copy the PD7333 environment with new name and then modify the package inf files for the new packages. The original files were untouched.

I tried to manually add the records in F9603 in JDEPLAN.mdb as they discuss it in document but no help. Then I tried to follow the following JDE instructions:

“Now we have to notify OneWorld that this package exists. Log into the Deployment Server in the Deployment Environment or on a Workstation and go into the Package Assembly on the GH9083 menu. Find the source package that you are going to copy, click on the Copy button and give the new package the correct name. Once you have done this, then click on the Define Build button on the exit bar. When in this application, select client and server, select the Enterprise Server name (remember to make sure it has a pink checkmark next to it), and DO NOT select anything for Build Specification Options, DO NOT select anything for Build Business Function Options, and you don't have to select anything for Compression Options. Click on end. Then click on Submit Build, it will give you a warning saying "Directories exist for this package do you want to overwrite", MAKE SURE you click on NO. The pdf files should come up on screen saying the build completed successfully”

The above made the situation worse. Now in addition to no package listing in install screen, my package deployment screen is showing No INF.

I would appreciate all the help I can get

Regards,
OneWorld Xe, XU2 (Trying to move to XU7), Windows 2000, SQL 7.0
[frown]

Usually to get rid of the "No INF" message, all you have to do is highlight the package and click on the Activate/Inactivate" button in the row exit. Then click on "Find" to refresh the screen.

I hope this helps!

If you are using a machine that is not the deployment machine then it normally relates to a network link missing between the current machine and deployment machine (normally a drive mapping). This can be resolved by mapping a drive to \\jdedep\b7333.
(If you have a drive mapping). A reboot of the machine you are working from might do the trick - navigate to the deployment server via the network drive and see if you can access it - if you can't then reboot.

Regards
Larry

Back