New JDE user issues

szwarcu

Greetings.

I have a small problem: I have encountered a strange configuration that does not allow to create new users. Everything goes smooth: user creation, user security, role assignment but once I try to sign on using the new account I get "eSecSystemFailure - Security kernel encountered system problem" error. I have started to dig into the tables and the only difference I found between newly created records and the ones that already existed was one field in F98OWSEC that indicates Data Source. When I press "Tab" while entering new use record it gets the "Default" value which is present in F98owsec for my new record BUT all the other records have this field blank. Now I am wondering if previous admin had messed something up intentionally or by mistake and he was deleting this field manually. I will know for sure when I get access to the system tables but in a meantime I would like to ask if any of you have encountered something like this before and maybe know how to handle this issue to prevent such errors in future.

Release is E812

Best regards,
S!

Did you try entering a new user WITHOUT populating the DataSource field?

Hello, When you create new users, your role you are using has to have the environment added that the security server uses. Therefore, if your jde.ini says the security server environment is PD900, you must have that in your environment list for your role. If you don't, then you can't update the user information correctly and the user won't be able to log on.

I hope this helps,

Lucy

Thank you for your replies. I found what caused the issue. My user's language was not english and it populated the field in native language (that gave me a tip). When I changed the user's language to English - problem disappeared.

S.

Back