Need help on BSSV Error Handling

m santhosh

Hi All,

Recently I have developed the Shipment Confirmation Wrapper BSSV for multiple lines and when I am testing the BSSV for some order lines, I am facing the issue of how to show the error for the particular line.

for eg: I have processed 4 order line and two of the lines not processed due to some error. So here How I can show the error message of individual lines of Order

Hi All,

Recently I have developed the Shipment Confirmation Wrapper BSSV for multiple lines and when I am testing the BSSV for some order lines, I am facing the issue of how to show the error for the particular line.

for eg: I have processed 4 order line and two of the lines not processed due to some error. So here How I can show the error message of individual lines of Order

How are you executed the BSSV? Externally?

The return value object typically is what "catches" the error messages

The value object should extend messageValueObject java class

in the return value object you should have a list of
<e1MessageList>

</e1MessageList>

Yes we are executing it externally

We have converted standrad P4205 application into NER and from BSSV, we are executing the same for each line

Form third party we are sending multiple order lines at time and in BSSV we are processing order lines to NER in for loop. So here How i can return the E1Message list for each line?

You need to loop into the bssv; when one line fails add the error to the error list value object (it's an array). Then return the vo list to the application.

Yes we are executing it externally

We have converted standrad P4205 application into NER and from BSSV, we are executing the same for each line

Form third party we are sending multiple order lines at time and in BSSV we are processing order lines to NER in for loop. So here How i can return the E1Message list for each line?

Sending multiple lines at a time seems wrong because you wouldn't know what line was in error unless you build a mechanism for that.

I would ship confirm line by line and return the error messages for that line. more round trips but more detailed. I believe it would be worth it.

Typically business functions called from BSSV will fill the e1messagelist object.

context = startPublishedMethod(context, "yourBFSN", vo, IConnection.AUTO);
DataStruct_Internal internalVO = new DataStruct_Internal();
E1MessageList messages = callyourBFSN(context, connection, internalVO);
//create the outputvo
DataStruct_Internal confirmVO = new DataStruct_Internal(internalVO);
if (messages.hasErrors()) {
//fill the return value object with any error messages
confirmVO.setE1MessageList(messages);
//do other stuff when error exists
}

Back