Need help in EDI Inbound Purchase Orders

2nicholas

2nicholas

Hi all,
Just want to find out from any one of you that have used EDI Inbound Purchase Orders before. I have encountered some problems when uploading data from both Inbound F47011 and F47012 to F4201 and F4211. Actually, I just want to use Inbound program to create Credit Note without giving any adjustment through Advance Pricing. Surprisingly, I got Credit Note created with adjustment ledger even though I did not populated any Adjustment Schedule in both F47011 and F47012. I have searched through KG and can't find any errors reported. I wonder whether I have miss out some flags that will stop BSFN from including the adjustment through uploading process. Any idea if there is any flag(s) or is there any document that I can refer to.
All input are much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to get some clues from anyone of you. Thanks. (Xe Update 3 SP18)

I suspect that what you want is to use the system to look up the base price
but not any of the adjustments when you do a credit order through the batch
process. There's no way that I am aware of to do this without additional
setup.

The only way I can think of to do this is to make the adjustments depend on
the document type by using an order detail group. This may not be practical
if you have a lot of document types. You would setup the adjustments for
all document types except your credit order type.

If anyone has another idea, I'd be interested in what it is.

By the way, my notes show that the batch program you run to create sales
orders should be sets the PROV (Price Override) flag in the F4211 when it
creates the sales order. This will happen if you set the processing option
to use the price in the input file. This means that you cannot automatically
reprice the order, as the system assumes that this is the price you want to
charge.

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Re: RE: Need help in EDI Inbound Purchase Orders

Hi Andy,
Thank you very much for your valuable input. I had tried but it is still not produce desired result. This is because even though no adjustment schedule input in both F47011 and F47012, but since the address no is tied to an adjustment schedule thru Customer Master Setup, the system will still retrieve the adjustment(s) that under the schedule if criteria fulfilled. The reason for setting up the adjustment schedule thru customer is to ease the effort when input SO. Further to your suggestion, the Price Override Code does not function as per desired as well.
Any idea whether the item UOM will affect the behaviour of Inbound program?
Anyway, I have using some other way to achieve the same goal. Just want to share something, if anyone of you want to just create SO thru business function, you may look at R42770 (Generate Credit Notes) in G42311 menu to get the idea.

Back