Need alot of answers on this please

squire2

This is more opinion than question.

I am looking at one world as a platform for a company that does strictly custom work. The item may change every time it is ordered. is it better to handle producing this product with configurator, or would it be better to use Edwards for the financials and integrate a platform to handle quoting and production operations?

Thank you for your time in answering this question.

J Ray

J Ray,

You are correct that the JDE solution may not be the most elegant. But supporting multiple apps is always an issue.

If product configurations vary by customer, but customers may order a specifically configured item several times, the JDE configurator will pull that specific configuration for new/future orders. Granted there is a ton of setup required, but working with one set of apps, in my opinion, is always a simpler solution.

I am looking at one world as a platform for a company that does strictly custom work. The item may change every time it is ordered. is it better to handle producing this product with configurator, or would it be better to use Edwards for the financials and integrate a platform to handle quoting and production operations?

Thank you for your time in answering this question.

J Ray
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=14378

My answer may seems easy but it's directly based on which is the complexity
and the type of configuration u need on your item. JDE configurator is
pretty good but can in some specific case don't fit the needs. Can u
describe shortly your items configuration process (at least one template) ?

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 3:54 PM
Subject: Need alot of answers on this please

custom work. The item may change every time it is ordered. is it better to
handle producing this product with configurator, or would it be better to
use Edwards for the financials and integrate a platform to handle quoting
and production operations?
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=1

Back