Multiple barcode x-ref in F4104

cgraves

Has anyone modified JDE (A7.3 World)to allow for multiple F4104 records for a single item number, WITHOUT requiring different vendor numbers, expiration dates etc. With companies buying out companies, we have multiple UPC numbers for the same SKU number & vendor

The file needs a unique key.

We also have multiple UPC numbers for the same part.
Different "Packs" will have different UPC numbers.
We keep those in a separate custom file.

Why does it need a unique key? Our F4104 on A7.3.10 does not have a logical with a unique key. If it did have a unique key it should be on IVCITM & IVITM & IVXRT. This would allow multiple barcodes per item per tupe. Now agreed the same barcode should probably not be allowed on multiple items, unique keys -- IVCITM and IVXRT, but to have only one barcode per item doesn't make any sense.
Chuck insure that maybe the unique path has not been created by some other vendor's logical view, e.g. POS.

IVCITM - Customer/Supplier Number
IVITM - Short Item Number
IVXRT - Cross Reference Type

Just my opinion and what we have here and we currently use RFS and POS Barcode Scanning.

[ QUOTE ]

IVCITM - Customer/Supplier Number
IVITM - Short Item Number
IVXRT - Cross Reference Type

[/ QUOTE ]

That would give him the "Unique Key" that I was meaning. Unique from the rest of the record types in the file. (we have several)
Some way to tell them apart so when you setll or chain or do a sql to the file, you know which records to go after.
Using the cross reference type is how I would do that.

I don't think I explained my comment very well because I had yet to get my morning coffee.

Back