Multi-Foundation 9.1.3.3 and 9.2.1.x on AS/400

DEddy

Our current configuration is JDE E1 9.1.3.3. Our OS/400 is V6R1. We will be upgrading to OS/400 V7R1 in the next couple of weeks to support an upgrade to JDE E1 9.2.1.x.

I ran a certification search for JDE E1 HTML Server for both 9.1.3.0 and 9.2.1.0. There are no common IBM JDK versions for the two releases.

Currently we have in our JDE.INI on the Enterprise server:
[JDE JVM]
InProcessJVMHome=/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit

We were advised to apply this when we upgraded to V6R1.

When we do install 9.2.1.x and are running multi-foundation while testing, what changes need to be made to specify separate JDK versions for each JDE E1?

Is anyone running a multi-foundation 9.1 and 9.2 on OS/400?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

We are, I am running 8.12, 9.1, and 9.2 (not live yet) on my IBM i.

As far as Java goes, you have already made the only JAVA change necessary, the change to InProcessJVMHome=

I would certainly suggest you upgrade to 7.1 though, assuming no WebSphere conflicts. I have been running with 3 instances for about 5 months now with no issues.

Tom

We are, I am running 8.12, 9.1, and 9.2 (not live yet) on my IBM i.

As far as Java goes, you have already made the only JAVA change necessary, the change to InProcessJVMHome=

I would certainly suggest you upgrade to 7.1 though, assuming no WebSphere conflicts. I have been running with 3 instances for about 5 months now with no issues.

Tom

Thank you for your reply. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I see that you are running Weblogic. This is also something we were discussing and moving away from Websphere. Do you have any comments about that?

Thank you for your reply. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I see that you are running Weblogic. This is also something we were discussing and moving away from Websphere. Do you have any comments about that?

If you are on multi foundation with tools release 9.2.1 and with below 9.2.1 when ever you are adding a new system user make sure to add with tools release level below 9.2.1 hence site key encryption feature will not be in place for that user and both the tools release can access this system user without any issues.

For more info refer : E1: TR: Create User Security Overrides or System users on Multi Foundation with 9.2.1 (Doc ID 2219398.1)

Both are good fits, I've used WebSphere in the past and it was solid.

I use WebLogic because that is what was in use when I got here, and so that is what is Licensed.

Tom

Back