Moving Posted Open Invoices to different A/R Trade Acct.

Trevor Lopes

Hello,
I have an A/R question. (A7.3 Cum 11)
After Sales Update posting, in A/R the invoice Credits Revenue Account and Debits A/R Trade account using the AAI RC.

Since some customers go into bankruptcy proceedings, I want know if there a way to move the open invoices from the original the A/R trade account (ex 1225) to a new A/R Trade account (ex 1226.BNR)

All A/R Trade goes under account 1225. Hence it is difficult to separate current A/R vs A/R due to Bankruptcy customers.

We want to maintain the original invoices with their original net due dates so the aging is not affected but some how change the A/R trade account for these invoices for bankruptcy customers.

If you have come across a process to achieve something like this, please let me know.

Thanks

There is not a way to move an invoice to a different account.=C2=A0 You wou ld have to reverse the existing invoices, then reenter them, with the same information so that goes to the desired account.
=C2=A0
Oh, there is always the possibility of writing a quick fix program to chang e the records, and then doing manual journal entries to move the amounts in the general ledger, but that is not a good way (poor internal controls) to try and resolve the issue.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Thanks John. I understand it is difficult to change the invoices without losing the original net due dates thru the system. Plus using a JE to move from amts from one Trade account to another is also a nono since they have posting code as "M". Thanks again and Appreciate your feedback.

Hi Trevor,

I think you have to proceed manual invoices with Tax Code "E" exempted (in order to avoid any tax issues) for the transfers of the invoice amounts to the doubtful AR account that you've indicated.

Regards,
Ozgur

Back