• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Modified UBE Checkout Failing

NoelA

Member
Hi All,

I have modified a UBE in our CRP environment using a development w/s.
Checked it into the deployment server sucessfully.
Used Object Transfer to transfer to PROD environment.
(OLT.LOG = Success)
Tried to check out object on second client.
Checkout failed with message:
"Unable to Copy file \\JDE1\B733\PRODB733\Include\R42520.h"

The contents of the OLT.Log are below:

The R42520.h file does exist in this location and i have been able to check out/in and transfer other objects without a problem.

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Any help appreciated!
Noel


*******************************************************
Object Librarian Transaction Log
*******************************************************
Start Timestamp: Fri Oct 12 10:22:10 2001

Object Name: R42520
Version Name: +
Request Type: REQUEST_CHECKOUT
Object Type: PMTYPE_UBE
TC Flag: 0
SAR Number: 0
User ID: 0
Source:
Data Type: PMDB_TYPE_RDB
Data Source: Central Objects - PRODB733
Object Path: \\JDE1\B733\PRODB733
Path Code: PRODB733
RDB Data Source: Central Objects - PRODB733
Target:
Data Type: PMDB_TYPE_TAM
Data Source: C:\B7\PRODB733
Object Path: C:\B7\PRODB733
Path Code: PRODB733
RDB Data Source: Central Objects - PRODB733
New Object Name:
New Version Name: +
-------------------------------------------------------

Error : CopyFileGeneric: Unable to copy file \\JDE1\B733\PRODB733\include\R42520.h.
File : COPY Failure \\JDE1\B733\PRODB733\include\R42520.h
Error : ProcessReportRequest: Unable to copy file.

-------------------------------------------------------
Spec Name: SPEC_DSTMPL
Source:
Rec Count Before: 1
Rec Count After: 1

Target:
Rec Count Before: 1
Rec Count After: 1

-------------------------------------------------------
Spec Name: SPEC_RDASPEC
Source:
Rec Count Before: 230
Rec Count After: 230

Target:
Rec Count Before: 230
Rec Count After: 230

-------------------------------------------------------
Spec Name: SPEC_RDATEXT
Source:
Rec Count Before: 179
Rec Count After: 179

Target:
Rec Count Before: 179
Rec Count After: 179

Transaction failed!



B7332 SP11.1 SQL7.0 NT4.0 Fat & Citrix 1.8
Noel Adlington
Financial Systems Admin
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
New Zealand
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Noel,
There are three important steps when deploying a modified object from one Env to another:
1-The Check-In process, and
2-The Xfer between environments.
3-The Check-Out process

You give a lot of details in regards with (only) the last one :) therefore I'll assume the other two are OK; BUT did you run your modified UBE on the second w/s, in CRP?

It is not clear for me if the .h file made it safely to the Deployment Server when you checked the UBE in.
Did you try to deploy the UBE on the Enterprise server via a Server Package, in CRP? Sometimes the Enterprise log gives you a hint on what is happening with the UBE Data Structure.

I would compare the CRP .h file against the PROD one (and its Modified Date, too).
Good luck, and don't forget to let us know what fixed your issue.

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
SANDBOX: Xe SP15 & Update2, Oracle 8i
RS/6000, Citrix
 

NoelA

Member
Hi,

Thanks for your response Adrian.

I checked to OLT.LOG for both the checkin to deployment of modified object and also the transfer to Prod. They did not raise any errors.

Looking at the .h file in CRP vs PROD (on PC and Deploy). They all have an old date. (6/9/2000).

Should the .h file date in CRP be the date that i last modified the object?

I did not change the report data structure in any way. Just moved some objects around and added a new section.

I notice that only some reports have a .h file like this. What are these files used for anyway?

Thanks
Noel

B7332 SP11.1 SQL7.0 NT4.0 Fat & Citrix 1.8
Noel Adlington
Financial Systems Admin
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
New Zealand
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hello Noel,
The .h file date gets modified if/when you modify the Data Structure, and it seems it is NOT your case.
The .h file is the UBE's Data Structure definition. I personally used it in Table Conversion UBEs (and I thank Zoltan, again, for his precious TC model published some time ago on this List) called from an APPL, in order to have things like the Number of Converted Records, Order Numbers range, ... , returned by the UBE (to the APPL). But it works both ways; it can be used as a list of parameters to be passed to the UBE.
What about the package? Did you try it?
You are very welcome,
Adrian

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
SANDBOX: Xe SP15 & Update2, Oracle 8i
RS/6000, Citrix
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Noel,

Just a silly question: Do you have "include" sub-folder under "\B733\PRODB733\" or "\B733\CRPB733\" folder on the workstation where the check-out fails? If not, then create it and try the chec-out again.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

NoelA

Member
Hi Zoltan,

Not a silly question!
The include directory was not on the destination client.
I added this directory. Then tried to check out again.

The checkout copied the R42520.h okay but failed on the TAM conversion.

I put this down to a corrupt client GBRSPEC file from the previous checkout failure. I copied a good GBRSPEC.DDB & XDB to the client. Tried Check out again. Checkout cleanly this time. All good!

Now have been able to test this on a non developer machine will try to build into an update package.

Thanks,
Noel

B7332 SP11.1 SQL7.0 NT4.0 Fat & Citrix 1.8
Noel Adlington
Financial Systems Admin
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
New Zealand
 
Top