Missing Promise Dates in P4021 Upper Level Work Order Demand

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
Since the upgrade from EnterpriseOne 8.10 to EnterpriseOne 9.0 we have noticed some upper level work orders appearing in Supply Demand Inquiry at the component level without the Promise Date (aka., Start Date of the upper level work order) for the demand requirement. The only common characteristic is that the upper level Demand Requirements have open Type “E” Type Expedite MRP Planning Action Messages against the the upper level assembly that state Required Start Before Beginning.

We think the similarity of the MRP Planning Action Messages at the upper level (“Required Start Before Beginning”] may hold the key to resolving this problem. We never did experience this problem in 8.10

Any suggestions? I searched forum archive and could not find a similar problem.

EnterpriseOne 9.0
Tools 8.98.3.2
Windows 2003 R2
SQL Server 2005
Red Hat Linux

I logged a SR on this issue with My Oracle Support last week but when I found myself finding no answers here I went and tried to check status of my SR today it tells me that the SR System is unavailable.
frown.gif

Have any of you heard anything about that?

Oracle is goijng to web conference with me tomorrow (03/10/11) and hopefully we can get some forward momentum on a solution.

It appears that other EnterpriseOne 9.0 customers have reported the same problem and thus Oracle Support logged Bug 11798923: NO PROMISED DATE FOR WORK ORDERS IN SUPPLY & DEMAND P4021 OR R4051.

Oracle Developers are currently working the fix and I will keep you advised.

Oracle Support MRP Development team did a detailed analysis and found that the issue is in tools side and this bug was transferred to the Oracle Tools Development Group. Oracle Tools Development Group reported that customers would get an ESU fix based on Bug 12424572. The original BSVW V3111JC had 98 columns. That was reduced to 23 columns. Some of the dropped columns are required for P4021, including the "Promised Date" column. The ESU for Bug 12424572 resolves that problem.

We recently received the ESU for SAR/BugDB 1242457 from Oracle to correct this problem and installed in our JPY900 test environment. I have checked numerous item numbers in P4021 Supply Demand Inquiry and verified that Promise Dates are now populated on all work orders indicating that the bug fix is working properly.
grin.gif

It feels good to call this one fixed. Heaps of thanks to Oracle Support.

Back