Migrate open receipts from legay systems to JDE 9,1

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!
We're doing cutover and migration planning and everything is OK except that we have a problem with open receipts.
Legacy systems can have hundreds of open receipts at time of cutover and customer wants to migrate the open receipts so these can be matched against supplier invoice in JDE.

I would appreciate any input on how this is best done?
So far we have only discussed one approach - Migrate receipts as open orders and receipt in JDE - Will cause some problems / co-ordination issues with stock levels migration

Maybe there are other ways to do this?

Convert directly from legacy system into F43121 ?

Convert open receipts as non-stcok purchase orders and receipt these

Other options

I would be grateful for any pointers on this
E1 9.1
Standard cost will be used with a modification to calculate FIFO using receipts table F43121

/Aarto

The last time I discussed this with a new customer converting from BPCS to JDE it was determined that all rows of open POs needed to be converted. This maintained the line number references with legacy data (and printed PO copies). Then receipt records were created to reduce the order quantity to the open order quantity and then matching records were created to reduce the open receipts down to the correct unmatched open receipts. Finally the resulting A/P from the matching were closed via manual payment with match records. I had a very experienced and talented developer to do the data conversions and create balancing reports to compare to the legacy system. We obviously did this several times to validate the process and catch several mistakes in our execution. The final process was validated and ran flawlessly at go-live.
It was painful and time consuming, would not necessarily want to do it again.

Thanks! I suspected as much
We are looking at an option to convert the open receipts as non-stock order lines and performing receipt for these to get them into F43121, hopefully that would be a bit easier :)

Back