• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Metadata kernel chaning to Security kernel midstream

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
All,

I had a strange event over the weekend. My JDE install (9.1/Tools 9.1.5.3) went south over the weekend. The metadata kernel seemed to have failed.

The Metadata kernel JDE.log shows the 'normal' messages, Type, init, etc, then all of a sudden 10 hours later it appears to turn into a Security kernel (INITIALIZING SECURITY SERVER KERNEL).

I have attached the log.

Once I killed the Metadata/security kernel and a new Metadata kernel spawned all was well again.

Has anyone seen type type of behavior before?

I also noted that our weekly backup started for the IFS at 4:30am when this occurred.

Tom

Attachments

TFZ

I have actually seen this, it's the IFS backup process causing some sort of lock over the log directory. I'm guessing your log directory may have been a bit larger than normal, causing the whole thing to go nuts. I would either make sure to clear the logs more regularly from the IFS or skip the log folder completely (which I could never convince anyone to do...so I just blew away jobs out there in the log folder older than X days.)

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
TFZ,

I will check on this, I 'thought' we had excluded the logs from the backups, however I found out that our managed service provider only changed my daily backups, not the weekly and monthly backups.

Thank you for the info.

Tom