Menu Stuck in Loading

3anan

Hello List,
Recently I have upgrade the tools release of one of the clients to 8.98.2.4. after that they start facing a problem that I tried my best to fix it with no luck. hope if I can find the solution here.
The issue is as following, when the user try to expand the EnterpriseOne Menus the menu stuck in loading pressing F5 and re-expand the menu again then it works fine. Users never reported that the sub-menu stuck its only the main menu and once they press F5 at the first log-in it become OK until they restart the browser. System performance is very good I applied all the solution to the Oracle solution to Internet Explorer and to the IBM websphere application server with no luck. log files are clear. and the problem is inconsistent that we cannot track.
their system configuration is as following:

1- OS: Windows 2008 x64
2- DB: MS SQL 2008 x64
3- IBM WebSphere Appliation Server
4- 8.12.3 / 8.98.2.4

Thanks Alot

You mention upgrading 1 client to TR 8.98.2.4. What about the rest of the system (servers, other clients, etc.)?

Hello klwong,

Thanks for reply.

I mean by "a client" is our “customer”, as we are providing JDE services for clients.
All servers and clients are on 8.98.2.4.
I found the following 2 bugs in the matalink that could be related to our issue:
BUG:8956667
BUG:8941112
But in our case it is worst Than what mentioned in these bugs as the main menu most of the time stuck in loading until the user press F5

thanks

is it happening on mozilla also?

just a quick .. reindex Task and task relationship table.

Hi,

This is a known issue within Oracle. Open a call with them and reference changes needed to be made to the jdeMenu.js and the MenuTag.jsp files and that should get you in the right direction. The issue is with the internal IDs for the menu tasks not being in sync between the client PC and the webserver.

Also, as a side note, these fixes are automatically included in 8.98.3.
smile.gif

Good luck!

Dan

Hi,

Yes I sent these files to oracle, they update them and sent them back to me. I replaced these files with the existing one, then the issue disappeared.
This what they call it POC

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

This is a known issue within Oracle. Open a call with them and reference changes needed to be made to the jdeMenu.js and the MenuTag.jsp files and that should get you in the right direction. The issue is with the internal IDs for the menu tasks not being in sync between the client PC and the webserver.

Also, as a side note, these fixes are automatically included in 8.98.3.
smile.gif

Good luck!

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Dan,
I'm having the exact same issues after 8.98.2.4. Do you have a SR number I can get my Oracle Tech to look at?

Thanks,
Nestor.

We just upgraded to 8.98.2.4 and had this issue. We opened up a case and mentioned that it is a known issue. They sent us a POC form which we completed and sent back. Sent them three files and got new ones (jdemenu.js, menutag.jsp, and E1Menu_Jar.jar).

They also recommended 660020.1 which one of the fixes was to increase the max connections to 10 in the browser.

We're on 8.98.2.3 and are experiencing the same issue. I opened a case with Oracle and requested the POC fix after reading on the forums that this would help us. I sent them our files they sent them back, I replaced the old files with the ones from Oracle but it did NOT fix our problem.

Has anyone got a SAR number for this issue? My Oracle Support tech can't seem to find it.

Hi,

We experienced this issue as well on 8.98.2.4. We've resolved it now with the POC supplied by Oracle (took a while to get there!). If you haven't got a resolution yet, feel free to refer Support to SR 3-1694503331.

The last response we had from Support quoted:

The requested POC for SAR # 8956667 & 8941112 & 8959612 has been attached in the SR 3-1694503331 attachments section. The POC disclaimer also contains the steps to install the POC. It is very important that you take all the necessary back-ups and read the POC disclaimer fully before proceeding to apply the POC.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Wow! I wish Oracle support provided the level of support JDEList does. Thanks, everyone.

Back