Menu Structure Print UBE

Null Value

Well Known Member
Hi Listers,

Here is an UBE that I have created which prints the menu structure (i.e sub menus, applications and UBE's called) from any given starting menu.

I've attached the documentation for the same. Feel free to create this helpful UBE on your systems and use it.

Regards,

Shailesh

Attachments

• 119519-Menu Traverse Utility.doc
    461 KB · Views: 1,048
I'm having trouble when I get to the DO section on Print Level 3 (and beyond). Report variable Level3_MUNAME and Level3_VER do not appear under Report Variables in the Assignment window. What am I missing?

It appears that you forgot to mark some variables as global variables and change some variable assignments as specified in the documentation.

The global RV variables are,

RV Level1_MUNAME
RV Level2_MUNAME
RV Level2_VER
RV Level3_MUNAME
RV Level4_MUNAME
RV Level5_MUNAME
RV Level6_MUNAME
RV Level7_MUNAME

Note that RV Level3_VER and other following VER variables are not global. You'll have to change the

RV Level3_VER = BC Version (F5500821)
to
RV Level4_VER = BC Version (F5500821) in Print Level 4
and to
RV Level5_VER = BC Version (F5500821) in Print Level 5.
etc

I wish I could've created an EXE instead of putting just the code. It would've saved everyones trouble of recreating it on their machines.

Regards,

Shailesh

I believe I have the global variables set, but I can't see them when I'm in the associated group section. I'll try to attach screen shots.

Attachments

• 119833-sample1.gif
    119833-sample1.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 283
I'll have to attach one screen shot to each reply, I guess.

Attachments

• 119873-sample2.gif
    119873-sample2.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 234
The variable Level3_MUNAME should not be a Business View Field. It should just use the data item MUNAME. See the attachment.

Regards,

Shailesh

Attachments

• 119880-Level3_MUNAME.JPG
    119880-Level3_MUNAME.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 298
This a simple query to create a table with all OW menus.

Attachments

• 127302-OWMenus.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 490
Back