Media Objects Insert with Table Conversion GT4714 & GT4715

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I have a situation where we are converting Sales Orders from a external SQL tables and we have fields who contains comments. We are on 8.10. I'm converting SO to the EDI files F47011 & F47012 in order to use the existing JDe process. We have one problem as we are using the TBC tools to do it, we don't have access to System Function 'Media Object Structures' in TBC and I can't add my comments in F00165 regarding these orders related to my EDI files. Looks like the system function isn't available with TBC but is with an UBE. The Media Objetcs that I need are GT4714 & GT4715 but I can't find a way to insert. I can't find a BSFN that fit my needs and we can't use BSFN.

Any tips? Am I missing something?

Regards,

Eric

E810 - AS/400 V5R3M0

I believe I can help you, but your last comment threw me. You say you can't find a business function to do this and then say you can't use a business function? Is 8.10 so different?
I'm still on XE, but I'm 90% sure I wrote a business function to create media objects givin the type and text key. I'll research tomorrow if you think it will help you...

Hello Eric,
Actually there is a standard BSFN called 'B9848004' that can do the job for you. You have to call it in your TextLine1 Fetch event or row fetch event. You have to pass in DOCO, DCTO, SFXO, TYPR, TXVC (Media object).
Or you can make one of your own similar to this one.
Regards,
Hemant

Hello Hemant,

Thanks for your comments but I do believe by looking at the code that this BSFN is good only for the Work Orders (GT4801) and doesn't correspond to my needs for the EDI SO files F47011 / F47012 with media objects GT4714 & GT4715.

Still looking....

Eric

Eric,
Have you found anything to insert to F00165 yet? I'm thinking about making a copy of their B9848004 to let me put in any GT object.
Clement

I don't think it's possible: this BSFN uses the only MO API exposed by the foundation and it's for Text attachments only.

BTW, we have a commercial solution for MO management. Should you be interested, please, contact me via e-mail directly.

Back