Media Object Text not Printing

rolandhenkel

We are currently having a problem where media object text attachments in PO's are not printing. The scenario is as follows :

User A (also wkstn A) enters a text attachment (Text1) to a PO line 1. This attachment prints just fine.

User B (wkstn B) the text in User A's attachment and creates a text attachment (Text1) on PO line 2 pasting in the text copied from the line 1 attachment. This attachment fails to print.

When I look at the resulting blob field in F00165, they are not the same. User B's has some additional bytes essentially referencing Riched20 something like this :
{.\*\g.e.n,e.r.a.t.o.r.R.i.c.h.e.d.2.0...0...6.6.0...1.0.0.0.;.}

This occurs in the blob right after ...b.l.u.e.0.;.}.....
and immediately before \.v.i.e.w.k.i.n.d.4.u.c.1...
which both appear in RTF blob.

That is the only difference between attachments A and B that I can find.

A prints successfully, B does not. I have taken a debug log of the UBE trying to print the attachments only to find absolutely nothing. The UBE selects both attachments successfully and then calls ConvertRTFToText with total characters = total read. Everything seems to be ok but attachmentb does not print. The same result happens if User B on wkstn B enters a new text attachment - that is the reference to Riched20 is there and the attachment will not print. Attachments entered by User B on wrkstn A work as expected and vise versa.

Wondering if anyone out there has experienced a similar problem and/or might this be caused by some windows patch applied to wkstn b but not A ?

Any hint as to where to look would be helpful.

Thanks

Platform Information :
E1 8.12/8.98.4.2
Web - WebSphere 7.0.0.11 on Win 2008 R2
DB - SQLServer 2008 R2
EntSrvr - Win 2003
wkstns - XP Pro SP 2

Hi,
We are having a similar issue and I have logged a call with Oracle. It seems to be PC specific ie the IE setup. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Back