E9.2 Maximum number of ESUs to install at once

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
We will be bringing our 9.2 installation fix current, and after a 'quick' analysis, I have 50 ESUs, including 12 baseline ESUs.

I know they (meaning development and user testing) aren't going to want to visit the same objects at the same time, so I am thinking of grouping all the ESUs together. What is the maximum number of ESUs anyone has simultaneously installed?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to break these up some how, but thought I'd check first to see if anyone else has done a very large batch of ESUs at the same time. Well Large to me.

TIA

Tom

When using ChangeAssistant i usually go by blocks of 25 ESUs (java being the main bottleneck here), with just the P96470 i did 75 once and that worked like a charm.

If using P96470: If you're using Acrobat Reader for the PDFs it will at some point stop opening them as it reaches a maximum value. Just a heads up that you need to look them up from the filesystem or use a different reader (i use SumatraPDF for example).

If using P96470: If you're using Acrobat Reader for the PDFs it will at some point stop opening them as it reaches a maximum value. Just a heads up that you need to look them up from the filesystem or use a different reader (i use SumatraPDF for example).
Thanks, I normally monitor P96470 and close them as they open, or as fast as I can after looking at them.

Tom

Of late, the change assistanct esu apply process has become stable.
I remember it crashing out when the # of esus are around a thousand. I have done this number when doing fix current. Had to restart the process a few times to get it going. The current jdk 8 is a lot stable for CA.
Now with the regular ASUs, the number of esus are not as high as it used to be. The recent upgrade I have done, the number of ESUs are 320 which I applied in a single go.

Thanks Glenn, It's good to know that we can do large batches of ESU's. Now if I can just get the development team to not want their own projects.

Tom

Of late, the change assistanct esu apply process has become stable.
I remember it crashing out when the # of esus are around a thousand. I have done this number when doing fix current. Had to restart the process a few times to get it going. The current jdk 8 is a lot stable for CA.
Now with the regular ASUs, the number of esus are not as high as it used to be. The recent upgrade I have done, the number of ESUs are 320 which I applied in a single go.
I also heard someone advice to disable enhancements via P96450 in order not to run R96450 automatically per each ESU containing localizations, this should improve ESUs upload performance and reliability.
Ofcourse after the process is finished we can activate enhancements again by running R96450 just once.

Carlo

Back