• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Matrix Items

Hi, does anyone has already set up Matrix Items? I am trying to use that for a company with an specific problem: They have an Item and this item may have "multiple" sub-items, they have a "PANT" item but this pant have Size and Color (size = S=01, M=02, L=03, XL=04) and (color = Beige=01, Navy=02, White=03, etc.).
My understanding is that you may use Matrix Items (instead of using appareal) and we may use Segmented Items, but I think I am misunderstanding something. I am trying to create a segmented Item (2 segments) the first Size and the second Color and imagine I have an Item number 302420521 (Pant Item number) and I want to "extend" the number to 3024205210101 to get 302420521 the "base" item number for a pant but Small 01 and Beige 01.

Is that correct that way?

The problem is everytime I try to define the "Parent Item" (with Matrix active) the program is clearing the two segments and leaving one.

Any idea about what am I doing incorrectly?

My idea is correct or INCORRECT.