Mass Importation of PDF's as Media Objects (World to E1 Migration)

pfaloney

Well Known Member
We are currently in the process of migrating from World to E1.

One of the items they want to do is to migrate all the PDF's (and there are 10's of thousands of these: About 21 GB) from a sever location to the associated records in E1. There is enough information in the Folder/File names to know where they will go.

Has anyone did such a mass migration.

Note: I talked to my boss. We decided to use the URL capability to link the PDFs with the appropriate JDE record.

We have a commercial product for this - One Attachment Manager, if you are interested.

URL may be just as easy, though. But with TR921, MO's are now all going into a DB table.

You may want to check out Bug 25969919 on MOS: OPTION OF OLD FILE STORAGE FOR MEDIA OBJECT FILES

Oracle has listened to the JDE E1 community and will be providing this option to continue with file system storage for MO's.

Patrick,

out of curiosity, what did you mean by "We decided to use the URL capability to link the PDFs with the appropriate JDE record"?

Are you referring to Media Object Type 5?

Larry,

Yes, it would be Media Object Type 5. I added 2 (Internal to a Server Location and an External URL) to a Work Order using P48013.

This will be used for Historical documents.

Note: I was able to SQL the same 2 links above to another Work Order.

FYI Patrick we "attach" 500+ of these each week via an external VB script that reads file names from input folders, moves the files to locations/folders on the Deployment server, and writes the appropriate entries to F00165 (as Type '5' entries).

Typically the files are scanned images from various photo copiers that select users then rename to match the JDE Document the scanned image is to attach to.
E.G. POs, PO Lines, Work Orders, etc.

Documents scanned include Mfg QA Inspection records, QA Receiving Inspection Records, PO Receipt Packing Lists, ...

We are interested in packaged OCR solutions that would eliminate the user mapping/renaming needed but to-date the cost has been prohibitive for the volume we have.

Sounds like you're going the same route we did ...

Last edited:
Back