Making a Reusable Subform to Notify a specific Child

vmkmns

Hi this is my first post.
I have a application with Power Edit forms. and have attached a Reusable Sub-form(say SubR - created in another application) and 2 Sub-forms (SubA & SubB).The Reusable Sub-form(SubR) is parent for SubA and SubB.iI want to notify SubA alone. Is it possible to notify specific child like "Notify(SubA)" or "Notify(All Children)" is the only option available for me call them ?

Use System function - "Notify Child" and specify the child form to notify. Found in the 'Subform Functions' list of system functions.

I have already used Notify Child system function for Notify(All Children) to be used in the event of my Reusable Subform in its own application. But the Reusable sub form's event rules are Disabled in a 'Secondary From' that it is being attached to,so that the specification of the Child name in the Notify option is not possible. As in my post im able to notify both SubA and SubB with Notify(All Children) which have written in SubR. But unable to specify Whether SubA or SubB

Hi vmkmns,

I understand your requirement as follows:-

You have a Reusable for (SubR) with subform children (SubA and SubB) and you have one more Power Form (say PF) where you have used the SubR resuable form and from the Power Form (PF) you want to call only specific child of the SubR resuable form. Did I get it correct....?

If yes....then maybe you will have to using flagging....here's how you can do it.

Add one flag in the datastructure of the SubR Reusable form and based on the Subform Interconnect (SI) value passed in from the Power Form (PF) call different Notify Child system functions to call either a specific child form or all children.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chintan Z
Senior Consultant.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.10 thru 9.0, JDeveloper ADF 10g & 11g.

Back