Machine Keys

miaconis

It has been a while since I have done this and I need help figuring it out. I have several PCs that were transferred to another location and had OneWorld installed on them. Unfortunately OneWorld was not removed before this took place and the systems were formatted and reloaded. That leaves several machine keys that show as used which in fact are not. I know in the past I used the Universal Table Browser (UTB) to change a file and remove the records for these machines. Unfortunately I cannot remember the table name to update and JDE tech support could not or would not give me any help. Their suggestion was to reset all the keys and have the users recertify their machines, which causes major problems with our organization. Does anyone out there know the name of the table I need to access? Please help if you can. Thanks.

Mike (OneWorld B732.2)

Mike,
The table is F9650 and the column is MMLOCAT. If you change it, it will be reset to the previous value the next time somebody logs to taht machine, unless you change the LOCATION entry in the registry of those machines. If you intend to install packages from a multytier deployment server, you should also update the registry entries for DeploymentServer and LaunchPath too.
Regards
Miguel

Miguel
XE SP_15 Update 1 Oracle 8.1.7 HP-UX 11i Win200 Deployment. Experience in other realeases and platforms

Thanks for the response Miguel. I don't think that F9650 is the correct table to change as I am unable to locate it using UTB or going onto my AS/400 and searching for it. We use version B732.2 in an environment with Windows NT as the deployment server and an AS/400 as the file and security server. Perhaps that may explain why I can't find F9650.

To clarify my question more, in program P98538 in the Total Seats section, the Total Used shows more computers than the number that actually have OneWorld installed. If you click on FIND it shows several PC names that no longer contain OneWorld. I want to eliminate these machines from appearing and reduce the Total Used to the appropriate number.

Thanks again Miguel for your response.

Mike

Mike,

Now I understand your problem. I had though that this was about workstations having been moved to another location and still showing under the base location in P9654A.

The information you want to change does not reside in a database table but in some encripted files on the CLIENT directory of the deployment server. You will not be able to change them without doing what JDE said.

Regards

Miguel
XE SP_15 Update 1 Oracle 8.1.7 HP-UX 11i Win200 Deployment. Experience in other realeases and platforms

Mike, try going from a different angle. Rename a computer with the same network name that the redeployed machine had in the network properties. Install a partial package of JDE (any environment) then uninstall it. That will get your license key back with minimal fuss.

I use an old PC and rename it to match the machine key name
(making sure the other PC is turned off) and install and uninstall oneworld
releasing the license. It seems to be the long way around but you don't
need to
stand around when it's installing and uninstalling.

Jon
B73.3.2 NT/TSE Oracle

Back