logic behind order lines created with next status 914 in Sales Order Confirmation P4205 program.

husni

Well Known Member
logic behind order lines created with next status 914 in Sales Order Confirmation P4205 program.

Hello List,

Does anyone know the logic behind order lines created with next status 914 in Sales Order Confirmation P4205 program.
We have a problem with dual UOM items.
Example: Order QTY 100 PC = 1026 KG (KG is primary and PC secondary, UOM conversion 1 PC = 10.26 KG). During confirmation, user changes the quantity shipped to 1040 KG, which is the actual qty. When we change the actual qty shipped, the system creates an additional line for 14 KG. How can we avoid it?

Re: logic behind order lines created with next status 914 in Sales Order Confirmation P4205 program.

We are not yet on 9.0 and dual unit of measure, so there may be something else happening, but if I understand your post it sounds like a situation we have.

If I understand your example, the order was entered for 100 PC. If that is the case, you probably need to at Ship Confirm go into the Sales Order and change the order quantity to 101.4 PC (1040 KG).

The reason for this is the system is going to make things match what was originally entered. You can either adjust the original quantity ordered or cancel the newly created line.

We actually do both of those here.
1. We sell leather hides which are varying sq ft or lb for the same type of hide. So, the sales order is entered for 1 EA since the customer wants 1 hide. When the picker selects the hide, they change the order quantity from 1 EA to 24.5 sq ft. This pulls the correct Sq ft quantity out of inventory.
2. We sell thread on spools. The customer will order 1 spool. The picker will pick it by wieght. This will leave a small variance which gets split off onto a new sales order line. This line gets canceled during shipping. (Don't ask me why they pick thread by the lb, I just know they do it).

So, my suggestion would be to try changing the order quantity after you know what the actual KG is and see if that prevents the new line from being created.

If not, there may be something related to dual UOM that I do not know.

Jer

Re: logic behind order lines created with next status 914 in Sales Order Confirmation P4205 program.

There is a processing option, in the Ship Confirm program P4205, in the "Process" tab, to backorder or cancel unshipped quantities. But if you allow backorders then it will backorder the unshipped qty instead of cancelling the unshipped qty. So it may not meet your requirements.

Thanks,
Matt

Back