Localization Installation

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
JDEList,

I have a E1 9.0 system running 8.98.3.3 all Windows/SQL. I have been tasked with installing the French Localization. I have not done a localization before. From what I have read it is pretty easy and requires the following tasks:

1. Install the localization on the Deployment server.
2. Create a Language-Only Plan.
3. Run the Language-Only Plan with the Workbench.
4. Build/Deploy a Full Package with the English and newly added language.
5. Verify/Test the Localization.

Is there anything that I am missing or should take into consideration, additional ESU's, additional setup?

Thanks Guys!

The steps you mention are correct for the French language install. (Language installer download from e-Delivery)

The Localization for France refers to application functionality that is tailored to French legal/accounting requirements. Most of this functionality is available out-of-the-box as plug and play NERs and just needs to be turned on via P96450/R96450. Updates to localizations are done via ESU and there is a dedicate search in the Change Assistant to find updates by country.

If you are implementing for users in Franch you may need both the Language and the Localization.

Justin,

Thanks for the information. Your answer brought up more questions for me. I was unaware that there is a difference between installing the French Localization and the French Language. I'll have to get more clarification on what the client wants. I am not sure if they are requesting that the French Language, Localization, or both be installed. They did however say that it has already been installed and working DV and now they just want to install it in PY. I checked the P96450 from the jdeplan, jdedep, and dv900 environment and none of them list the French Localization, just XMLP2. Also, I noticed that there is a language-only plan - DV900_FRENCH1.

1. Is it safe to say that they do not have the French Localization configured since the P96450 does not list it?

2. If DV already has the French Language installed I should only have to create a language-only plan for PY900, run the workbench, build full package, verify and test?

Thanks!

Jeremy,

It is pretty safe to say that they don't have the French localization enabled if you don't see it in P96450. I took a second look at one of my systems and realized that it is activated via the "EMEA" enhancement in P96450. (I have assumed they are running French language for France instead of another French speaking country/region.) If you hit the add button and click on the lookup for Enhancement Type you will see a list out of H96P/ET. You would add the EMEA record and then enable it. With the EMEA enhancement enabled various conditional NER would be generated and built into your next full package.

Not everybody uses localizations despite operating in a country where one is provided. It seems some country localizations provide nice to have functionality while others provide functionality to meet regulations. I am not an expert in this area so I can't say why some sites would enable and others would not. If they aren't using it now you definitely don't want to enable it without them understanding how things will change and testing.

Yes, if the language is already in DV then it means the language pack is in the planner and you can just run a language plan for PY, build package and test.

Justin,

Thank you! You have really helped clear up a lot for me.

Justin,

You have helped me out a lot but, I have one last question for you. I am in the process of build the full package to install the French language. On the Package Assembly - [Language Component] form should I check Domestic Language & French or should I check English & French?

This Oracle document, E1: LANG: How To Install Alternate Languages to EnterpriseOne? [ID 650479.1] states to "ALWAYS include Domestic language". I am not sure if this means to check Domestic Language or English.

Also, I am curious if I need to check the "Selected Languages Only" check box that is above the language selection grid.

Thanks again!!!

Re: Language Installation

hello list
i want to install additional languages other than default US english.plz give some information about the things that i need to do.

[ QUOTE ]
The steps you mention are correct for the French language install. (Language installer download from e-Delivery)

The Localization for France refers to application functionality that is tailored to French legal/accounting requirements. Most of this functionality is available out-of-the-box as plug and play NERs and just needs to be turned on via P96450/R96450. Updates to localizations are done via ESU and there is a dedicate search in the Change Assistant to find updates by country.

If you are implementing for users in Franch you may need both the Language and the Localization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for you response :
My application Release is "E900" and my Tools Release is "8.98".

Back