Local Web Client does not JITI Application changes

JMR

VIP Member
Hey all,
Any ideas as to why my local web client does not JITI my application changes?
What are all the possible reasons why this would fail?

I am told my E1 user is setup identically to other developers.
Other E1 user can JITI while on same machine.

Is there possibly folder permission issues locally?
Where to those app changes go when JITI'd?
Is there a way to force JITI by manually removing locally cached specs?

Sorry for the question lightning round there, but I am at a loss and can't effectively develop.

Two things: 1) You are going into the same environment correct, JITI is set up by environment; 2) You do realize that JITI only gets what isn't there already, it doesn't look at what has changed.

Tom

Thanks, Tom.

I am a bit confused by your statement that "JITI doesn't look at what has changed". During the development stage, when I make changes to an application, my local web client does JITI those changes so I can test/run locally and see any visual changes and run logic changes.

My issue is that doesn't happen for my userid, but does for other users.

My understanding, admittedly mostly from table generation. Is once an object is JITIed locally, you need either a package or a 'get' to replace it. JITI means Just In Time Install, once it is there it isn't gotten again.

I may be wrong, but that is my experience.

Tom

I think the term JITI is the confusion here. Jeremy is referring to the local web specs (F989999, F989998 in local DB) not being cleared and refreshed when a change is made to an object using the developer tools. Jeremey, have you tried generating those tables on your workstation? I've had to do that once or twice. The JDBJ.INI should control the local web spec data source and points to a local DB (Local - DV920 for ex.)

The odd part is that it works for other users on the same machine. I wouldn't expect any configuration to be different by user, unless they are using OCM to control the F98999* table mappings.

Craig

Thanks all for the responses.

Craig, I don't see any OCM records for those tables that aren't *PUBLIC. Is it safe for me to remove records from F989999 locally? I can identify all the records related to my application. What is the WBJVER value used for? Is that used to determine if local specs are refreshed?

Jeremy

Just an update... Thanks to Craig for the idea of generating those tables on the local machine. It does provide me a workaround in the interim until we can figure out the real issue.

Back