E9.2 Local Full Busbuild on TR9.2.5.1

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I occasionally have need to do a full busbuild locally. Generally in two configs, first with the option to "Generate Source for NER & TER", and sometimes with the "Clear Output Destination Before Build".

We just installed TR9.2.5.1 and when I tried to do my normal full busbuild locally with the option to generate NER & TER it failed. Didn't gen source for NER & TER. I am assuming this has to do with the whole no local specs DB any more thing. I found the check box option for "RDB" under the "Generate Source for NER & TER" and used that specifying DV920 as the path code. That seems to be working (running right now). I have never used that option before. I assume that pulls specs from the selected path code??? Is that what we need to do going forward with TR9.2.5? Should I select "LOCAL" instead?

BusbuildScreenShot1.PNG

Just guessing, but I think this is more due to the fact that the repository (F98780R) is now the "source of truth" for the C code, so I'm assuming you're telling it which central objects repository location to look at (from RDB) to grab the files before compiling. I'm also assuming if you check your local folders while its running, its probably bringing the code down and unpacking it prior to compile in the old source locations. Sort of how package build on the Enterprise Server works now.

It looks like all the C BSFN file are there (before the build) but none of the NER .h/.c. Once I specify RDB and a path code it does do the NER/TER generation and create the .h/.c files as its doing the generation. But I think it is the specs that are missing not the C source. Again the C Source for C BSFNs was there before the build. I think checking the RDB box going forward is what is required now, just not sure of the correct path code to specify, DV920 or "Local". Have not tried with "Local" to see if that even works and I suspect I will have to wait until the next full build to properly test specifying "Local".

Anyway this will be something I probably do after every package deploy to local web dev since I want all the current .h files so that Visual Studio Intellisense works correctly for C BSFNs.

It think it should be the path code you are signed into. I don't know why it doesn't default that. I guess you *could* choose another, but it seems that could create some inconsistencies.

Craig

It think it should be the path code you are signed into. I don't know why it doesn't default that. I guess you *could* choose another, but it seems that could create some inconsistencies.

Craig
That makes sense. I guess I will just have to make sure all NERs are checked in before running this. I don't know if "local" would pull from DV920 for anything not checked out and pull from local for things that are checked out. Guess I will need to test.

Back