E9.1 List of values for UBE data selection.

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hello all,

Is there a way of passing in a list of values programmatically to a called UBE?

For example I might want to have a list of item numbers for data selections.

Thank you,
FrankCLT

I use worktables in this example. Populate worktable in UBE/APPL/BSFN in step 1 then call UBE in step 2

Or set a flag/column on the target table all with the same value (batch number) then call the UBE with said passed in batch number

I use worktables in this example. Populate worktable in UBE/APPL/BSFN in step 1 then call UBE in step 2

Or set a flag/column on the target table all with the same value (batch number) then call the UBE with said passed in batch number
There are multiple techniques and this is one that I have used. If you do this, remember multiple instances of the UBE may be running at any one time. Keeping this in mind I usually add a GUID to the "work table" and make this part of the WHERE clause so that multiple running instances of the UBE can have their own data selection.

Hello all,

Is there a way of passing in a list of values programmatically to a called UBE?

For example I might want to have a list of item numbers for data selections.

Thank you,
FrankCLT
Hi Frank, as said collegueagues you can use a temporal work table or mark a colum this ukid, guid, etc (for example urrf, urab, urat) and pass the param for RI to the batch and select by them.
Regards.

UBE's can be submitted with data selections via XML, if you want to make it truly programmatic...

Not in a short post, no. But there should be some Oracle docs for that.

From our side we have "EveREST JobSubmitter" product to do this with REST/JSON.
If you are doing it from a 3rd party product, my guess is that it is using the runubexml command to submit the job. You can read the Oracle documentation on that command to see how it works. I've never considered trying to invoke that command from inside JDE, so don't know how that would work.

I've used the worktable method many times to accomplish this. It is very reliable. As they mentioned, you'll want a field with a unique identifier for the run to use in the data selection for the worktable. Also, don't forget to delete the data from the worktable using that identifier when the UBE has finished processing it.

[...] my guess is that it is using the runubexml command to submit the job [...]
No, we talk to JDE directly over the network, not running an external command. I also do not believe RUNUBEXML is exposing all of the available functionality.

JDE docs are not too good, unfortunately. So it would not be easy to reproduce from scratch.

And another added benefit in our approach is that we also support Report Interconnect parameters, concurrently with PO & DS, so it's a very comprehensive solution. Complete with a process to build a document template for a given UBE, so it does not need to be constructed manually in Notepad from the details looked up in RDA.

Back