List of JDE objects not recommended to Modify by Oracle - Any such document exists

maitytt

Hi All,

Does Oracle/JDE has any official document which tells this these objects are not supposed to modified. These are high risk objects.

they would likely tell you all stock objects are high risk objects. Modifying any stock objects will open you up to the whole "well you modified it so now we don't have to support it anymore but we'll do our best to help you"

Here's my list of objects to avoid modifying:

- Any Data Structures (I've only modified 2 stock Data structures in my JDE career)
- Any stock DD items size/type
- Adding tables to Business Views (if you do so do your homework). No issue with adding columns to BSVWs.

Anything else is fair game depending on your expertise and willingness to reapply customizations (you pay again and again and again over the years).

Here's my list of objects to avoid modifying:

- Any Data Structures (I've only modified 2 stock Data structures in my JDE career)
- Any stock DD items size/type
- Adding tables to Business Views (if you do so do your homework). No issue with adding columns to BSVWs.

Anything else is fair game depending on your expertise and willingness to reapply customizations (you pay again and again and again over the years).

Good list.

I would add:

- Tables. You can add new custom secondary indexes but probably should not add fields or change existing indexes.

- I also avoid changing form/ube interconnect data structures as much as possible (which may fall under Larry's DS list, but I assume he meant BSFN data structs). There are other ways to pass custom FI/RI values w/o changing the DS.

- Also, if you add columns to a business view (which, as Larry pointed out is perfectly fine), check to see if that BSSV is used in any C BSFNs. You may need to re-generate the .h file and do a full build to recompile all C code (this goes for custom views as well).

Another addition of sorts is:

System tables (which includes F986110) should not be modified, which includes adding JDE triggers.

Back