Linking Cat codes to sub categorize

Pinky2010

Hi,

I was wondering what is the best way to create a set of sub categories by linking the category codes or Equipment Class and category codes. For example - a class of assets are identified as Light Vehicles and there is a set of categories aligned to light vehicles. If the user selects 'Light Vehicles' as the Equipment class, JDE should show only those set of cat codes that are set up for that class. I know there is no straight forward way to set this up in JDE, but any ideas are welcome.

Pinky,
JDE 9.0/XE

Pinky2010

I believe that JDETips have an article titled "Enforcing Hierarchical Category Codes" detailing exactly how to achieve this.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Thanks, that is a good article, but I was hoping to get a workaround without any custom code, just through some setup. I understand that is not possible in JDE at the moment.

Have you considered using the commodity codes functionality? They have a
three level hierarchy.

Russell Karnap
[email protected]

In a message dated 9/13/2012 10:02:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

Thanks, that is a good article, but I was hoping to get a workaround
without any custom code, just through some setup. I understand that is not
possible in JDE at the moment.

We can make money from everything if we are competitable enough. You can always hear people complaining that it is so difficult to find a satisfying job. Actually, business and opportunity is all around you. Many people think that playing games will cost a lot money. However, you can make money too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap Diablo 3 gold is available in online store. You can farm it or buy D3 gold. The most important thing is to farm legendary items which will attrack many other gamers' attention.

Back