LINKBSFN

oexpletive!

Dear list...

Please help my B7333 LINKBSFN command is not running anymore!? When I run the command as part of the service pack upgrade process it seems to fail with the following message in the jde.log:

246 Wed Mar 24 16:16:59 2010 crtdll.c134
OS40000005 - CRTSRVPGM failed with error message CPF0006

246 Wed Mar 24 16:16:59 2010 crtdll.c135
CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(BSDV7333FB/BSDLL) MODULE(J1W_317394/*ALL) BNDSRVPGM(JDELIB JDEKRNL OWVER

In the job log for each SRVPGM build it says the CRTSRVPGM is failing because the correct parameters are not being specified on the command - see above.

I have checked the JDE.INI on the AS400 and the problem seems obvious
confused.gif

The JDE.INI on the AS400 is only 80 chars long and so the record for the CRTSRVPGM command does not fit. The end is chopped off!! It reads:

CRTSRVPGM=CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(%s/%s) MODULE(%s/*ALL) BNDSRVPGM(JDELIB JDEKRNL OWVER

When I believe (taken from an 812 ini) it shoud be something like:

CRTSRVPGM=CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(%s/%s) MODULE(%s/*ALL) BNDSRVPGM(JDEUNICODE JDELIBB JDEKRNL OWVER) EXPORT(*ALL) OPTION(*DUPPROC *DUPVAR *UNRSLLVREF) ALWLIBUPD(*YES) TGTRLS(*CURRENT)

I presume everybody with B7333 and B7334 has a jde.ini on the AS400 of 80 chars? So I am now banging my head wondering how\where the rest of the parameters for the command are specified.

I dont know whether this is valid but I have tried adding the missing parameters into my jde.ini on another line but they are not read by LINKBSFN. If anyone knows to extend a line by adding a new line (I have tried + that I use in my CL commands) please let me know?

I am absolutely positive this used to work and nothing has changed since.

Can anyone out there shine any light on this or how I might proceed with my troubleshooting?

I am upgrading from SP23_U1 to SP24.1.1. I have also tried SP23J1 and SP24.0.3 but the LINKBSFN fails with all of them.

Cheers
Dom

OneWorld XE V5R3

The AS/400 INI file hasn't changed that much over the different versions. You should be able to extend that line out to what you think it should be, on a single line.

If you cannot, then it's possible that you may have to recreate the file with a longer line length. (Can't remember the command off the top of my head, but I believe it should be CRTPF, with a parameter of RCDLEN(255), along with the other required values. Anybody with an AS/400 handy, feel free to jump in ...)

Hi Ken

No idea why\how my jde.ini truncated itself to 80 chars but to fix I had to rename the old B7333SYS\INI file and create a new source physical file with a longer rcdlen.

CRTSRCPF FILE(B7333SYS/INI) RCDLEN(168)

Copying the member JDE from the old to the new source file automatically extended it and I was able to append the missing detail for LINKBSFN.

Thanks!

Hi Dom,
our ini file on Xe says as follows:
CRTSRVPGM=CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(%s/%s) MODULE(%s/*ALL) BNDSRVPGM(JDELIB JDEKRNL OWVER) EXPORT(*ALL) OPTION(*DUPPROC
*DUPVAR *UNRSLVREF) ALWLIBUPD(*YES) TGTRLS(V5R4M0)
we did have a bad experience in the past with ini files getting truncated. I think it even happened in 8.12 in early release of server manager. Anyway I have an entire Xe ini file if you need it, just let me know.
Rich

Its all sorted now thanks! I was pretty confused until I got enough logging on to see that the crtsrvpgm wasnt correct (I think I had to change the JOBD as it wasnt in the jde logs). After extending the rcdlen the ini on the deployment server contained the bits I needed.
Hurrah for Friday!

Back