Line Printer LPI Problem with EPSON LQ-2180

Kris

We have got a problem while printing defined forms in EPSON LQ-2180 Dotmatrix printers.
Output form dimensions are 8.5 X 11.0 Inches, with 12 CPI & 8 LPI which are defiend in the print setup.
in the report design, report properties, we have defined FONT to Courier New, FONT Size to 10 and applied settings to all objects( JDE recommendations for 12 CPI).
And also in the grid alingment, Horizontal is set to 8 , Vertical to 16 and Options to display grid & snap to grid are checked ON.

During report printing to the Line printer ( EPSON - LQ - 2180 ) it is printing 6 LPI rather than 8 LPI.
Is there any different settings required other than this to get 8 LPI in the output with the EPSON - LQ-2180 dotmatrix printers.

I have Had huge problems with this also, I start playing with the horizontal spacind.

Hello dear Ronnet,

Thank you verymuch for your response. We too tried by changing vertical As
well horizontal spacing , but could not able to get 8 lines per inch. It
would br very much appriciable to you by giving any further suggestions in
this regard.

Thanks & Regards

kris

DO you mean you are getting 6 lines of data and two blank lines intermixed over an inch, or exactly 6 line per inch?

If the latter, then you printer isn't really set to 8 LPI as JDE just sends a text file with form feeds to your printer. (As can be seen when looking at the file in the printqueue direxctory when using "save pdl" check box).

if the former, then I am not sure.

Dear Segfault,

Thank you for your replay.
we are been trying fro EPSON LQ 2180 printers , to change the line spacing
to 8 LPI.
But we tried with different grid alingement in Horizontal & vertical no use.
Only the fields are getting distrubed to different locations.
And also we can able to print continues 8 line, but not per inch.
Looking for furthur advise.

With regards

Kris

There are 3 places where you have to play with the settings.
1. In the report itself.
2. In the OneWorld Printer definition. Check the CPI and LPI.
3. In the Printer itself. Check the CPI, LPI and LPP etc.

Back