E9.2 Licensing by module

MonsterCable

We're looking to change our licensing module with Oracle. Instead of paying per user licenses (for access to all modules); we're interested in running the numbers to see what they'd look like on a licenses per module basis.

Does anyone know how that sort of licensing work? I'm trying to find the list of modules that Oracle uses for this but the closest I have is Product Codes or System Codes.

Is that what Oracle would use?

Try referring to this guide to determine how JDE licensing is structured and your options.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Licensing Information User Manual

This will help determine the mix of modules required, depending on your functional needs and how you might want to break down your licensing. Although I have not reviewed licensing in a while, I believe there are still basically two models; Per User and Revenue Based. Your Oracle/JDE partner or Oracle/JDE account rep. should be able to help clarify. I know you can license specific modules, as we looked at this several years ago for an implementation project we were considering.

Just remember, you're on the hook for Tech Foundation licensing per user, no matter which and how many modules you license. I think that is clearly laid out in the license guide.

Good luck!

MonsterCable - did you ever find a query, or report to determine module usage?
We are on JDE 9.2 and I need to know which modules are used (ie. don't just contain initial data).

Thanks!

MonsterCable - did you ever find a query, or report to determine module usage?
We are on JDE 9.2 and I need to know which modules are used (ie. don't just contain initial data).

Thanks!
That would be object usage tracking
There are a few graphs and one is per system code. So you'd need to activate it in PD, say what objects you want to track, BSFN APPL UBE etc, let it run for a few months then run the 4 UBE versions of R98902 to summarise it and go take a look

Back