• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Launching Applications From Desktop

Jeff George

Does E1 9.x have the ability to launch a specific application, e.g. P4101, from a desktop shortcut the way that Xe did?

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
Open application in JDE click on "Tools" then select "Parameterized URL".
Copy and paste the URL into the shortcut for desktop.

Jeff George

When I do that I don't get anything that can be copied and pasted. I get a popup dialog box that entitled Message From Webpage and the text contains the URL, but since it's a dialog box I can't copy and paste it. It's close, though!

jdemes

If you click on "Tools" then select "Send Email", your email program should create a new email with that parameterized URL that you can copy.

Jeff George

If you click on "Tools" then select "Send Email", your email program should create a new email with that parameterized URL that you can copy.
I don't have that option. I have 'Send Shortcut', but that only takes me to a JDE internal message option and doesn't include any URL.

jdemes

OK - the Email and Calendar integration comes with Tools 9.1.5, so you must be on an earlier version.

HighOnTek

When I do that I don't get anything that can be copied and pasted. I get a popup dialog box that entitled Message From Webpage and the text contains the URL, but since it's a dialog box I can't copy and paste it. It's close, though!
Jeff,

Just because you can't select the TEXT itself, does not mean Ctrl+C (Copy) and Ctrl+V (Paste) doesn't work. Open the dialog box again, select the dialog box (so it has focus) and then use keyboard shortcut I provided above to COPY... then PASTE into notepad or something. It will show a bunch of other details, such as header text, button text etc. so you'll need to clean it up, but it should give you what you need. ;)

Last edited: