Language

PatrickT

I want to put spanish language on our installation that works now in english and french. I thought that I need a language-only plan with spanish, run controlTables Merge/spec merge, then package with all my languages.
But the official documentation says : "A language-only plan may be implemented only in installations where a language has not been previously installed." but doesn't say what to do instead a plan in that case.
Has anybody ever added a language upon a yet multilanguage installation ?
Than you for your help.

Very strange!
When you install language you merge the translated information from a language.mdb access database to Data Dict, UDCs, Menus und specs. I cannot see how you would not be able to run a language only install plan when you already have another language installed. Try it, it may work.
If not, try to find out the merge steps and run them manually. It´s mostly R98403 withthe apropriate version/POs . The older language install manuals, like B7332, explain these manual steps.

Good luck, Gerd

The documentation is simply stating that you cannot RE-LOAD an alternate language using a language-only plan. In other words, a language-only plan may be implemented only in installations where THAT PARTICULAR language has not been previously installed.

The Planner database keeps track of UBEs (spec merge, UDC merge, and DD merge) that were run. If you try to re-run them through Environment Workbench, they will be shown with status 70 (Duplicate Entry).

If you must re-load the language, Gerd's suggestion is the best way to go (e.g., run the UBEs manually).

Back