Landed Cost and AAI's

Riaan

Landed Cost and AAI\'s

Hi LIst
I have a question regarding landed cost and AAI's.
The problem is as follows if you enter a receipt with landed cost for a item that has zero quantity on hand the system seems to be using the 4332 AAI for the debit entry for the lande cost and not the account specified in 4385 AAI.

The entry for the inventory is correct and the weigted average is updated correctly including the landed cost but the journal entries for the landed cost is a bit haywire.

Is there a way that I can get around this.

Thank You
Riaan

One World XE

Re: Landed Cost and AAI\'s

Hey Riaan, your problem rang a bell for me. This sounds exactly like what we ran up against during our upgrade to Xe. I showed your post to one of our Accounting folks and he had pretty vivid nightmare flashbacks about very large "haywire" journal entries that needed way too much time to correct. We didn't expect any solution from Denver on this so we did a quick and dirty bandaid by setting up AAI 4332 to send dollars to the same place as AAI 4385 does (Inventory). This made AAI 4332 useless for its intended purpose of charging off unallocatable variances to COGS so we do that with a manual work around now. It was the lesser of the 2 evils for us. If anybody knows of a better solution or has news of a fix, please post it.

Back