Labour Hours

AD1

Guys,
A quick question on P3003 and P3112 functionality. I have routings in table F3003(master routing) that have a TIMB value of 'M' and a LABL value of 480. This is fine, I can understand the 480 value is in minutes (or more correctly, the hours to complete 60 units which is the same thing). However, when copied to F3112 - the WO routing table using R(56)31410 - I have LABL value of 8 but still with a TIMB of 'M'. The WO quantity is 1 unit, so I would expect the routing times to be the same, which they are if the TIMB value is ignored.
I've done some initial digging and can see that the 8 in the F3112 must be the result of a conversion to hours. But what is confusing me is the TIMB of 'M'. Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me if this is standard JDE functionality (i.e. F3003 in minutes and F3112 in hours -while disregarding the TIMB value of 'M'), a missing configuration setting or more likely something in the customisation of R5631310? Initial tracing / debugging doesn't help me as I don't have access to a 'C' code environment on the fat client.
Regards .... Alastair

The Work Order Routing F3112 will display the actual calculated amount for the work to be done. When you generate a work order the LABL field on the F3112 will be calculated to be (Ord Quantity (F4801) X LABL (F3003) / (2nd Desc Value on TIMB UDC). The "M" in the F3112 is for information only and is not used again. This is done because time reporting on the F31122 is always in hours regardless of the Time Basis Code.

You can see this logic makes more sense if you were doing a job where you entered the number of hours per 1000 units (TIMB of 3). If it takes me 4 hours do a 1000 units (my LABL = 4 in F3002) and I enter a work order for 1500 units, the WO Routing will say the total time will be 6 hours (1500 x 4 / 1000) assuming number of machines / employees is one). This is correct for hours. If you use any other units then hours, it can get confusing.

Hello Alastair,

The important thing to know about Time Basis Code (TIMB) is that the description 2 in UDC table 30/TB has a major importance. The system uses this descritpion 2 value to convert times expressed in Machine Run (RUNM) and Labour Run (RUNL) fields.
What seams strange to me :
- I've never used the "M" time basis code so I've checked in the standard 30/TB and there is no description 2 which may cause trouble in calculations. Question : what is the value in your database ?
- You are talking about LABL field which is not related to routings. Do you confirm ? Don't you mean RUNL ?

Anyway you have to know Time Basis code in F3112 is only for information. The time (in hours) in F3112 is the Labour Time requested to complete the full Work Order quantity.

Waiting for your feedback to go further.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex and RHandDW (right hand down?)
First, my mistake. I was meaning the RUNL field. My memory isn't what it was.
My 30/TB has description 2 value of 60 for code M.
Okay, I'll accept that the TIMB code is informational only on the F3112. But it is very misleading in that the JDE documentation does not even hint that the field is not used in the same way as it is on the master routings F3003.
Once again, thanks for your help.
Regards ... Alastair

Thanks for this 30/TB "description 2" clarification.

So, with a value of 60 this makes sense :
480 labour run hours to build 60 units
=> 8 hours to build 1 unit (the Work Order quantity)

Once you know TIMB in F3112 is only fyi, calculation is correct.

Regards,
Alex

Back