Labor accruals & E1 Payroll

Bob B

Looking for advice about how to use 9.0 payroll to help determine monthly labor accruals. Hoping for a description of how hourly payroll accruals are calculated with the assistance of E1 payroll. What's your input data, what do you run, how do you run it, what do you do with the results?

Do you make reversing or non-reversing entries? Do you accomplish this with an interim payroll? Do you create a 'proof' GL report and post the journal entries manually, or are the entries posted with an active GL update? Is any of this stuff documented anywhere in good detail?

Forgive me if these questions are so basic - I'm an IT guy, not a Finance user. I've been assigned to find out how E1 Payroll can assist in this currently manual process.

Your company needs JD HCM consultant. It is a setup tasks that takes into acct your company's vacation and accrual policies.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

I agree with the previous comment. You need a day or two of a very experienced HCM consultant to explain the interactions of labor costs in payroll with labor expense in GL and the options on how you chose to expense labor costs to the GL from the payroll system. This is NOT a simple topic.

Back