Just get new sales order dates

Gary P

Hello all, I've been going over B4002060 and B4002120, and just wanted to ask if anyone has already solved this.

User wants a tool that, among other things, takes an order number, gets a new request date, and then uses preference to determine the pick and ship date that are needed to make that target. B4002120 is perfect for this, but I need to feed it the transit days and order preparation days, which I plan to get from the preference file.

The problem I'm having is finding a simple way to get these values. I've been trying to use the functions from B4002060, but they keep giving me 0 for the days and setting all my dates equal. I'm sure there has to be a simpler method to just determine the order preparation and transit time days.

Have any of you handled something similar? If so, how did you accomplish this?

Hi Gary

This sound like it should be quite a simple request from a user but as you have found it is not. The JDE BF returns a date rather than the number of days that you need. We found the changing of dates can also have some bigger impacts; if using transport management shipment dates need to be changed; depending on your specific commitment days the order line may be moving in or out of future commits with the date change, therefore commitments need to be adjusted and also the $ value on the sales order header changes with future commitment changes. If back orders are involved there are more consideration. Is your configuration affected by transport and future commits?

We do care about those things, but our first step is to say "For existing sales order number X, the customer needs it on date MM/DD/YYYY, using that as the request date, get the customer preferences and use them to tell me a new pick date and ship date."

I was hoping there was a simple function where you would input the customer and it would tell you their preferences for order prep days and transit days so you could make that calculation. I'll keep looking and see what I can find.

I used to have a manager who had a funny shtick about project requests from Department Managers and their idea of 'simple':

Manager: I have a new project to request

IT Manager: Great, what is it?

Manager: We need to go to the moon.

IT Manager: The moon?! I don't know, that's a tall order.

Manager: What do you mean? No it's not.

IT Manager: Uh, yes, it is.

Manager: Oh, come on. The moon's right there (points up). I'm looking right at it.

IT Manager: No really, that's hard to do.

Manager: It can't be. It's right there (points again). Just go! Don't you see it? Go!

Hmm, yeah, it was funnier in person. . .
tongue.gif
You had to see it.

Darren,

That's sort of like when I worked for the Sheriff's department (many years ago). I had an discussion (argument) with a lieutenant about how two different systems couldn't be used to 'together' to generate reports.

He got mad, took his gun from his belt, slammed it on my desk and walked away - muttering that I'd better have things figured out before he returned.

Guess what - I figured it out and I'm still alive, today....

Sometimes, all we need is the right coercion.

(db)

[ QUOTE ]
took his gun from his belt, slammed it on my desk and walked away

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. . .by the sounds of that. . .if it were me.. . I think I'd still be alive too. . BUT! I wouldn't have had to figure it out!
blush.gif
grin.gif

I think I'm going to have to use the sales order MBF to calculate the dates. Seems like a pain, but I can't get anything to work that just gets the preferences. Let's just hope I don't get shot in the meantime.

I managed to get it working. What I did was uuse B40002060 Preference Get Values For Sales Order, and compared a successful date update with what I was doing. There were some values that I wasn't sending in that I didn't realize. Things like UoM and another flag.

--047d7ba97e88ae21d404d2bae300
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Did you change the C business function?

Pardha

ist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+this+address
--047d7ba97e88ae21d404d2bae300
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Did you change the C business function?<div>
</div><div>Pardha

<d iv class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Gary P <span dir <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I managed to get it working. What I did was uuse B40002060 Preference Get Values For Sales Order, and compared a succe ssful date update with what I was doing. There were some values that I was n't sending in that I didn't realize. Things like UoM and another Client: Windows 7
Server: DB2 on AS/400
m/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=3D&Board=3DOWDEV&Number=3D181207" target=3D" /postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board=3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities <font face=3D"Verdana, Arial" size=3D"-2"><div class=3D"im">This is the JDE LIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
</div>JDELIST is not affilia ted with JDEdwards=AE.</font></div></td></tr></tbody></table><div class=3D" To unsubscribe from this list via email, <a href=3D"mailto:+jdeowdev_remove @jdelist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+thi s+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+List.

Than k+You." target=3D"_blank">Click here</a>.

--047d7ba97e88ae21d404d2bae300--

Back