jdeXmlRequest C++ prototype

Daniel Williams

Daniel Williams

I am upgrading from Xe to E1 8.12. Part of my integration code uses the function jdeXmlRequest in xmlinterop.dll. In Xe, there was a file, xmlinterop.h, which had the declaration (prototype) of that method. But I cannot find that file in 8.12. Does anyone know what it might be?

Alternatively, does anyone have the prototype of the method for C++? In Xe, it is:

JDERTN(char *) JDEWINAPI jdeXMLRequest(const char *szHostName, unsigned short usPort, const int nNetTimeout, void *xml, int size);

Thank you,
Daniel Williams

Daniel,

Did you search for jdeXMLRequest in the entire \system\include\ folder? If not, I'd try that first as the prototype may have been moved to a different include file.

Most likely the only change to the prototype will be that it now returns JCHAR * and the first parameter will be 'const JCHAR *'. If you still have Xe handy, you can view the EXPORTS for the xmlinterop.dll to see how many parameter bytes the function expects (the value after the '@' in the exported function name). Do the same for 8.12 and if they are the same, you can almost be sure the number of parameters did not change.

Good luck.

Back