• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

jdesize_t definition and header file

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I am cross posting this here:

I am having an issue where I am getting and error that jdesize_t is not defined.

I'm on JDE 9.2, can someone let me know the definition and header file it is located in?

Tom

Kim Schmidt

Looks like I'm the go-to guy for this - especially since I'm a WI expatriate! In JDE 9.1 Windows, it's defined in the JDETYPES.H file, and should be in the same place regardless of JDE applications release. On the iSeries, the same file should be in /E920SYS/INCLUDE for 9.2.

jdelisths

Reputable Poster
Which TR did you find this in? I am not seeing it in 9.2.1.1. I do see it in 9.2.3.3. May be I am missing something in my set up.

Segfault

Reputable Poster
jdesize_t wasn't officially defined until 9.2.2.0 in the jde header system. If this was from a BSFN of theirs in an ESU they probably have a fix and it is there by mistake.

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
They don't have a fix. I am even having trouble convincing them it is their error. Hence asking for the definition and location.

Tom

Segfault

Reputable Poster
jdesize_t is defined as 'unsigned int' in the newer header files. Try changing the variables declared as 'jdesize_t' to unsigned int and you will stay compatible with 9.2.2.0 and later.

BOster

Legendary Poster
You could also, in the .c file after the jde.h include, place the following:

Code:
#ifndef jdesize_t
   #define jdesize_t    unsigned int
#endif