E9.2 /jderest/v2/file/upload error unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Diana Preciado

I am testing RestAPI /jderest/v2/file/upload through Postman but returns the follow error:

Error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I tried with RestAPI /jderest/v2/file/addtext and the response was success.

Attachments

• Error PostMan.png
    Error PostMan.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
This error is usually caused by the AIS server trying to talk to the JAS server over SSL and not having the signing certificate chain for the JAS's certificate within the trusted certificate store. What I find strange is that you say that the addtext request is working. If the problem is related to SSL connectivity between the AIS and the JAS I would expect all AIS requests to fail with the same javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException.

Here are some details on the SSL certificate needs for AIS/JAS when using internally signed certificates.

In this configuration:

1. JAS Server port 8081 running SSL using an internal corporate SSL certificate for www.mycompany.int signed by the mycompany.int certification authority
2. AIS Server port running on 8181 trying to establish a connection to JAS port 8081 over SSL
3. REST client (Orchestrator, PostMan, etc) trying to make rest call to AIS on port 8181

The AIS server needs to have the certification authority certificates for www.mycompany.int in its trusted certificate store. There will typically be two certificates in the chain if these are certificates generated from an Active Directory domain, the certification authority (offline CA) and the intermediate certification authority (online CA). These two certificates need to be imported to the AIS trusted certificate store.

I have the same issue. The Text attachment works, however the media object (PDF) file fails. Did you find any solution, request your help ?

Back