jdeLaunchUBEEx not submitting job in asynchronous mode in tools 9.1.0.2 on iSeries

ssoul

I have encountered an issue whereby the api jdeLaunchUBEEx is not submitting the called UBE when launched in asynchronous mode on the iSeries running tools 9.1.0.2. The callobject kernel just crashes. I have tested this in an Oracle Linux environment without issue and Oracle tested it on a Windows server without issue.

Is anyone here running 9.1.0.2 tools on the iSeries??

This issue was originally noted with some custom code but I have been able to replicate it with application P007101. To replicate in P007101.. select a record with status flag 5 (F007101.TAGPSP = 5), select row exit > upload text > select report ID R03B803 > click OK.

If you do not have any records in this table then one can be SQL'd in by populating GPBT, GPTN, and GPSP = 5.

Another way to replicate the issue is to have an interactive app that calls an NER that in turn calls a UBE in asynchronous mode. The report interconnect in my case is passing a value to the report data structure.

If I run this process with local web it works fine, however, an error is generated when attempted on the server.

I am trying to get at whether this is a issue with 9.1.0.2 tools on the iSeries or if it some kind of configuration issue. Note that the same process worked fine prior to our tools upgrade.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Back